Save Time and Book Pompeii Skip the Line Tickets | 2022
The volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD covered the towns of Pompeii, Herculaneum, and other surrounding areas under a blanket of ash and debris. The ruins offer a fascinating glimpse into the lifestyle of the locals who lived in these towns during the time. Explore the town forum, amphitheater, gardens, vineyards, ancient inscriptions, places of worship, brothers, farms, and more right here at this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Pompeii is usually crowded, which is why we suggest that you buy skip the line tickets to avoid waiting in long queues for hours. Here’s all the information you need to enjoy your visit to one of the oldest archaeological preservations in the world.
Why You Should Skip the Line at Pompeii?
- Skip the line tickets guarantee priority access to Pompeii, which means you won’t have to wait in long lines to enter the attraction.
- By purchasing these tickets, your waiting time gets reduced to a few minutes because you get priority entry.
- You can utilize this time to explore the ruins and learn more about the lost city of Pompeii at your own pace.
- Use that time and energy to visit gems like Villa of Mysteries, The Temple of Isis, Temple of Apollo, Pompeii Archaeological Park, and House of Vetti, to name a few.
- We recommend choosing guided tours because they come with a skip the line feature.
- It is advisable to avoid huge crowds since the world is still going through a pandemic.
How to Skip the Line at Pompeii?
Which Entrance to Use for Skip the Line Tickets?
Pompeii has three entrance points - Porta Marina, Piazza Anfiteatro, Piazza Esedra. However, only the latter two entrances are currently accessible to the public. Skip the line ticket holders can enter through either of the two entry gates. The Piazza Anfiteatro gate is located east of Pompeii. Get down at the last stop if you’re taking a bus to Mount Vesuvius. The Piazza Esedra entrance point is mainly used for group tours, which is why it doesn’t see much of a crowd allowing you a hassle-free entry into Pompeii.
Skip the Line Tickets or Guided Tours - Which Should I Choose?
- We suggest you book your skip the line tickets online and well in advance. Pompeii is only accepting online reservations as of now.
- It is advisable to wear comfortable shoes because you’ll have to do a lot of walking around the ruins.
- In case you don’t opt for a guided tour, read up about Pompeii before you visit the site.
- While most of the paths in Pompeii have been redesigned to make them more accessible for people with reduced mobility, some areas have uneven surfaces making them less wheelchair friendly.
- Make sure you set aside at least 4 to 6 hours for your visit.
- Try to visit the Mount Vesuvius crate while you’re there. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- If you’re carrying bags, you can avail the free storage service for your personal belongings at the Piazza Anfiteatro entrance point.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pompeii Skip the Line Tickets
A. Pompeii skip the line tickets start from €35.
A. Skip the line tickets guarantee priority access to Pompeii. They allow you to avoid waiting in long queues and head straight inside the attraction.
A. Yes. Skip the line tickets are worth it because they save a lot of your time and energy, which you can use to explore the lost city of Pompeii.
A. Pompeii skip the line tickets do not include a guided tour. You will have to separately book a guided tour with a skip the line feature.
A. Booking tickets online will save you time but not let you skim past huge crowds. To avoid waiting in long queues, you will have to purchase skip the line tickets or book yourself a guided tour.
A. You might have to wait for at least a couple of hours to enter Pompeii.
A. Yes. Audio guides are included in Pompeii skip the line tickets.
A. There are three entry points, out of which only two are currently open to the public - Piazza Anfiteatro and Piazza Esedra. Skip the line ticket holders can enter through either of these two gates. The latter is usually used for group tours, which is why it is the least crowded.