Herculaneum Ruins I Gettng There, Location and More
Where are Herculaneum Ruins Located?
Address: Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Discover the captivating echoes of ancient life at the Herculaneum Ruins, situated in the town of Ercolano. Immerse yourself in the preserved remnants of a once-thriving Roman town, frozen in time by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. The ruins provide a mesmerizing glimpse into the daily lives, art, and architecture of the past.
Nearest Landmark: Ercolano Scavi Train Station, 7 min walk
Getting to Herculaneum Ruins by Public Transport
Travel Time: 20 to 30 minutes from Napoli Porta Nolana
- The Line 1 departs from Naples and leads to Ercolano Scavi.
- Ercolano Savi is a 5 minute walk away from Herculaneum Ruins
- Tickets can be bought in tobacco shops and news stands
Getting To The Colosseum By Car
Travel Time: 20 minutes from Napoli Porta Nolana
- From Napoli Porta Nolana, head south on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi toward Traversa II Giuseppe Garibaldi for about 350 meters.
- Turn left onto Via Amerigo Vespucci. Continue for approximately 700 meters.
- At the roundabout, go straight onto Via Alessandro Volta and continue for 500 meters.
- At the next roundabout, continue straight onto Via Reggia di Portici for about 450 meters.
- Take the A3 ramp to Zona Industriale/Bari/A2/Roma/Salerno/Ottaviano, covering around 270 meters.
- Merge onto A3 and stay left for about 650 meters.
- Continue on A3 and take the exit toward Portici/Ercolano. Merge onto Piazza Privata Luigi Sapio/Via Ulivi in Portici. This will take about 6 minutes, covering approximately 6.7 kilometers.
- Follow signs to Via Panoramica and Via IV Novembre, leading you to SS 18 Tirrena Inferiore/SR18 in Ercolano.
Parking: There’s parking available at an underground parking garage located near the entrance of the site. The approximate cost of parking is 3-4 euros per hour.
Book Your Herculaneum Ruins Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About Herculaneum Ruins Location
The Herculaneum Ruins are located in the town of Ercolano, South East of Naples. Its official address is Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Herculaneum Ruins can be accessed by both bus and train services, There is a train station a 5 minute walk away from the site.
Ercolano Scavi Train Station is the closest train station to Herculaneum Ruins. It is a 7 minute walk from the location of Herculaneum Ruins.
The Line 1 from Naples goes to Herculaneum Ruins
There’s parking available at an underground parking garage located near the entrance of the site. The approximate cost of parking is 3-4 euros per hour.